Monday, February 27, 2012

Verse of the Day (VOD)

Do you struggle with getting in the Word everyday? Do you struggle trying to be an example for your kids in the area of daily quiet time with God? Well if not that is great! I commend you. However, I struggle with these two things.


I want my kids to have a PERSONAL relationship with Christ. Not a relationship based on my beliefs and what they think they should do and believe because that is what I do. But, I do want to be an example for them.

With busy lives and hectic schedules it can be hard to find that time. So, we have started to do a Verse of the Day. Each morning a child takes a turn picking out a VOD. Then we write it on our schedule board. Each child read the verse aloud and then we discuss the verse as a family....kind of a mini devotional. They are not required to memorize the verse. It is just a way that we as a family can get some time in with God before we start our day. It isn't much but it certainly is better than nothing!

3 comments:

Carin said...

It's like you read my mind! The kids and I had a conversation the other day involving communion along with a few other things. Anyway,I found myself feeling very convicted because I was trying to explain what we believe and that part of our belief is also based on action but then had to admit that we were not being "active" like we should. This is an amazing idea that I may just try at our house also! Thanks for sharing.

Not your husband said...

It helps to have a genius for a husband.

Kristin said...

My husband is a genius but I thought of this idea! Lol